Friday, April 30, 2010

Chemotherapy #2

I'm sitting in a recliner chair in the infusion suite with a heating pad behind my back and a heating pad on my tummy and a warm blanket on top! I'm cooking nice and good! I haven't received my chemo meds yet, just the liquids and anti-nauseau meds so far but they will start the chemo soon.

The doctor noticed a major difference in the tumors - they had all changed and shrunk down! Yay - PRAISE THE LORD! So, we are continuing with the original chemo plan every other week for 8 weeks and then 12 weeks of a different chemo drug.

I got my genetic test results back and I do have a gene mutation for breast cancer which means that there is a chance that I can get ovarian cancer as well in my lifetime. So, we'll be talking about that with a genetic counselor. It also means my girls have a 50% chance that they have this same gene passed down from me. That makes me sad for them, but we won't know anyway until they are tested. Another good thing about the genetic test is that it told Dr. Webster a little bit more about my type of tumor and she might add in another drug during the last stage of chemo.

Anyway, during the writing of this book, the nurse came over and administered the "red" chemo drug and so now I'm on my last chemo drug for the day! It should take about 45 minutes and then I'm outa' here!

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book SWEETIE!
    Praying and loving you!
    Mom D. ^j^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you Linda! Interesting about the genetic test... I'll be interested to see what the genetic counselor says. Thank you so much for keeping us posted, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you to have a comfortable, peaceful night's rest without nausea. Fight on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youv'e got balls! I don't know a tactful way to say it and you know me, I'm not very tackful, in fact I'm tacky. :)

    It takes a lot of courage to go bald, and you've got it. Sounds like it might be part of a "Game Face" look you are going for. Hair, no hair, you are beautiful inside and out. I think of you at least once during everyday and when I do, I say a prayer for you, Todd, Claire, & Paige.

    Thanks for the posts, I would bet it's not easy to write them at times.

    I'm going shopping for some big brass balls that you see on trucks hanging off the trailer hitch. You can hand them off the back bumper of your little mini van, or hang them from the rear view mirror. You are courageous and I love ya baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Papa D. went to the barber and had his head shaved in support of you and Todd. He really does love you Linda.
    I do too, Mom D. ^j^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda,

    I was thinking of you today at church. A member of the congregation going through the same thing as you was saying how blessed and loved she was by all the support she had received. It made me pray that you feel just as loved and supported and that you are blessed by this. Keep strong Linda and thanks for including us in this journey of yours. Love Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Linda,
    I've been keeping up on all your posts. My mom had breast cancer, and I have had ovarian cancer, but amazingly I don't have the brca1 or 2! So there is a good chance your daughters won't get it. I'm praying for that for you. Hang in there--you are doing AWESOME. I loved Renae's comment above--you've earned your set of brass ones :)
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated! I hoping you feel up for a visit from Jilian and I this Thursday, in the afternoon. :-) I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda,
    So happy to find out about this way to get updates. Praying for you & your family each day! You are incredible. Looking forward to Friday!
    Love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I just found out about what you are going through. First, I'm so sorry you have to go through this in your life. Some things just stink! You have kept popping into my prayers even before I knew about your cancer. I don't know you well but I sure hope I can support you in whatever way possible. Hair or no hair, you are a beautiful woman. I've thought so from the first time I met you. Hope you are able to let your body rest.
    ~Lora

    ReplyDelete